Sunday, December 27, 2009

Dried fruits makeover

Did you receive some hampers for Christmas with lots of dried dates inside? Yes, I did....
..Do you have some left-overs of dark chocolate? Yes, I have.......
..Isn't she cute?!.....please say "yes, she is!"
..Melt in a double saucepan the chocolate.....
..dip the fruits into the chocolate (you can use dried figs, oranges, plums, whatever you want....or you're given! ;-)
..let the fruits cool on to a sheet of wax paper and if you like, decorate them on the top with an almond, or a pine kernel, or nuts, or candied fruits.....
et voilĂ ..............................

30 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

Looks delicious I shall give it ago although I do like dates! Will it work with Glace Cherries?

Beki said...

Mmmmm look yummy!
Hope you've had a great Christmas
((hugs))
Beki xxx

Pom Pom said...

Clever! I must swear off chocolate until Valentine's Day! I think I over did it! I like your new header! lovelovelove!

Lululiz said...

YUMMY !!!

Tracey said...

Glad you survived the festivities! I'm happy it's all over to be honest. Although it was very nice...xxx

Lyn said...

mmmm Michela, they look delicious!
Love
Lyn
xxx

Unknown said...

Mmmmmm - I love dates! These look great (and healthy too)!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

WOW! My mouth is watering! What beautiful candies you've made! My hubby and I love dark chocolate best! Enjoy this week!

Rosie said...

They look very tasty, Michela - what a good idea:)

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Great idea to use up all the leftovers!

Victoria xx

Lisa said...

Now that's a great way to make dried fruit tastier!
Hope you had lots of fun.
Lisa xx

JuanitaTortilla said...

That is pure indulgence Michela!!!

BadPenny said...

very professional looking - I might try it with figs as I was shown how to stuff figs with crushed walnuts then bake & add chocolate if you like when I was in Greece. I have a friend who has a fig tree too !

Mami said...

uum..good smell...
Do you use te particularly chocolates for dipped? or any chocolates OK? I wonder...

Diane said...

Chocolate overload!!!! Did your parcel arrive? xxxx

bubble said...

They look good!! xxx

Alison said...

Oh, yum... My MIL stuffs her dates with marzipan which is also yummy - it that something you do too?

Susie's country cottage said...

Hi Michela
I did survive Christmas... I think...apart from the fact that my jeans feel tighter! Too much chocolate and too much wine but then the diet starts after New Year!
Glad you survived and wish you and your family much happiness for 2010!
Susie X

Sarah said...

Yum yum! Hope you're still enjoying the Christmas festivities!
x

Sharon Lovejoy said...

LOVELY ideas and photographs. I so enjoyed my journey through your blog and will check back often.

Thanks for your wonderful writing.

Galloping toward 2010 here in my sunny California garden (where I'm working today).

Happy new year,

Sharon Lovejoy

Kissed by an Angel said...

More yummy food!!!
xxxx

Olga said...

Great idea and so easy to make! I need to try these out :) I wish you a dream-come-true 2010!!! Hugs from Poland!

Janean said...

Dates and chocolate!!!! fabuleux!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a great Christmas! I wonder if this recipe works on dried figs to? My Dad is from Torino but he migrates to Canada with his brother. Buon Anno Bella!

Sandy

Duchess of Tea said...

Darling, I thank you for your love and support this past year when I needed it most. Your kindness has left me feeling blessed. You have made my first year of blogging a memorable one!! I am certain that 2010 will be an amazing year for us both. Enjoy the last day of the year and have a marvelous 2010 full of good health, happiness, prosperity, love and blessings.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

BadPenny said...

happy new year my dear ! looking forward to seeing what you get up to in the next ! love Penny xx

Poppy said...

Happy New Year!!!

Love Lou xxx

Kelly said...

Great idea to use up the leftover chocolate!!
My Mum loves dates, I hate dried fruits (which means most Christmas foods ha ha!!!)
I am sorry your head is so bad I hope you can find a cure for your awful headaches! Thats what I'm going to wish for in 2010!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Rihana said...

Using the right comb for wet hair can simplify your daily grooming routine. The Apna Showroom Wet Hair Comb is a useful accessory for women's daily hair care; it can be used to gently detangle and style hair after washing. This practical product is ideal for customers Apna Showroom Shree Sampurna Vyapar Vridhi Yantra with Lakshmi Kuber Yantra for Home, Office, Business, and Puja Ghar - Spiritual Energy and Prosperity Enhancement
Apna Showroom 7 Yantras Shree Sampurna Vyapar Vridhi Yantra- Shri Yantra with Lakshmi Kuber Yantra - 12 Jyotirlinga - Panchmukhi Hanuman - Durghatna Nivarak Yantra for Pocket Size - Home Business
Apna Showroom 24k Gold Plated Shree Sampurna Vastu Yantra for Home, Office, Business, and Puja Ghar - Spiritual Energy and Prosperity Enhancement
searching for terms like "Wet Hair Comb Online," "Women Wet Hair Comb," "comb for wet hair," and "Hair Care Comb for Women." As a compact and convenient hair accessory, it can easily be kept at home or included in a travel kit.