Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Eve menu

Cannocchie or cicale di mare
King prawns with courgettes...
Stewed eels.........
Sea-bass with cherry tomatoes, potatoes and black olives.......
Toasted bread with smoked salmon..........
Scallops au gratin..........
Russian salad..................Raw Norway lobsters....................

34 comments:

Susie's country cottage said...

Good morning to you Michela. A very happy New Year to you and your family.
Susie XX

BadPenny said...

what a fishy feast Michela !

Happy New Year to you
xxxx

Sarah said...

Hi Michela!
What a visual feast for the eyes!
Happy New Year to you and your family.
x

KC'sCourt! said...

Good Morning or is afternoon.....? Anyway Happy New Year. What lovely fresh fish

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you!
Hope 2010 is a good one for you.
Love, Sal ;-)

Morwenna Hill said...

Happy New Year to you too! Gosh all of those incredible seafood dishes are making my mouth water! xoxo

Pom Pom said...

Beautiful pictures! Happy New Year to you!

Tracey said...

SHRIMP......YUK! I hate all seafood.
Happy new year to you and your family....xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lululiz said...

Thats quite a feast!
Have a really wonderful, healthy, prosperous 2010!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Happy New Year Michela... this post was like my worst nightmare - I HATE seafood! LOL!

Victoria xxx

Samantha said...

Happy New Year Michela xx

Diane said...

What a feast!!!! Are you going to eat it all? Happy New Year my little ray of Italian sunshine. xxx

bubble said...

Happy new year! Not keen on fish...except squid! xxx

Lisa said...

Happy New Year to you!
Jet lag? Have you been somewhere lovely?
Lisa xx

Unknown said...

Happy New Year!!! Wishing you and your family and very happy and healthy 2010! Enjoy your feasting :-)

Jennyff said...

Happy New Year, what's with all the fish?

Unknown said...

My dad loves fish and would be salivating if he saw those pix! Thanks so much for the birthday wishes and I hope you have an awesome new year!

Sandy xoxo

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy New Year! Blessings to you!

JuanitaTortilla said...

I woke up to 2010 as a fool, Michela!!!
But now feeling like a bigger fool for being in Switzerland where there is no fresh seafood!!! You are killing me with JEALOUSY at 8:30am with all these pictures of fresh seafood!!! Gaaaaah.......

Simone said...

Happy New Year Michela! x

Marina said...

Hi! Michela, I'm Tracey's sister-in -law from Trieste. I always read your blog and just wanted to say HI!The translation of the word "cannocchie" is " squilla " (mantis).I wish you a Happy New Year and I am looking forward to reading your lovely posts in the New Year.

Unknown said...

You are making mne hungry again! Hello my lovely friend! Happy new year to you from me! suzie. xxx

JuanitaTortilla said...

This is my second time looking at your pictures of fresh seafood... I am quite desperate for fresh seafood right now, hahaha...

Thanks for blogging about this superb feast. Man, I need to move to Venice!!!!!!

I can already smell the salty sea water from these pictures.

Kelly said...

Happy New Year my lovely friend! I wish you and your family much happiness in 2010!
I was laughing at this post thinking how Victoria would comment!!! This is her hell on a plate!!!!

Thedarkerside73 said...

Hi Michela

Wanting to wish you a very Happy new year. wishing you all the best for 2010




MBBx

Alison said...

What a stunning feast of fish, Michela! I want to thank you for your lovely Christmas giveaway present, which arrived while I was away. Another reason to enjoy getting home...

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Michela!

hugs:Manka

Tracey said...

I knew Marina would know! Pauls a bit thick! She's in Trieste by the way! xxx

Sophie - Chez Sophie said...

Happy New Year Michela,
What a wonderful feast, making me hungry!!! I hope your & your family get all you wish for in 2010.
Luv Sophie xxxx

Kissed by an Angel said...

Wishing you a Happy New Year dear Michela!! Those fish dishes looked lovely!! I've had the fish on the first plate - it's gorgeous!! The rest looked pretty good too!!! Yummy!!!
xxxx

Rubyred said...

Such a lovely fishy post!
Happy New Year to you and your family!
Love the chocolate dates in your last post!
Rachel x

Rosie said...

Now, how did I miss this post? What a fishy feast you have for New Year! Hope 2010 is a wonderful year for you, Michela:)

JuanitaTortilla said...

I am looking at your pictures again, for the 3rd time!!! Man.... I am salivating... One of the best things in life -- SEAFOOD...

A garden just outside Venice said...

lll