Thursday, October 8, 2009

Apple Strudel

INGREDIENTS :
  • 1 sheet store-bought puff pastry
  • 4 yellow and sweet apples
  • a pinch of cinnamon
  • grated lemon zest (1 lemon)
  • 70 gr sugar
  • 40 gr pine kernels
  • 60 gr raisins
  • 125 gr apricot jam
  • 2 tablespoons breadcrums
  • 2 tablespoons Grappa (I think you can use also Brandy)

DIRECTIONS :

Chop finely the apples and combine them into a bowl together with cinnamon, lemon zest, sugar , pine kernels, raisins ,breadcrums and Grappa....

Roll out the puff pastry sheet and spread over the surface the apricot jam... Spread over the apple mixture....Starting on the long side of the dough, lift the cloth and begin rolling the dough to form the strudel. Seal seam and tuck the ends under to seal. Brush it with some milk and sprinkle some sugar on.... Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes or if you use a wood-burning stove until golden brown. Remove from oven, dust with confectioner's sugar if desired, slice diagonally and serve...

25 comments:

Lululiz said...

Nooooooooo, that is so unfair, people shouldn't be allowed to post such yummy pics and recipes! It looks really scrummy and I may just have to succumb and try and make one.

Alison said...

OOh - I like your fire better than mine at the moment! We have a recipe down here for a cake cooked on a spit over an open fire - you can go and see it being made in Pyrennean huts sometimes! Gateau a la broche, I think...

Thanks for this recipe, Michela!

Pomona said...

Michela that looks absolutely delicious - I think I might have to miss out the brandy for the children, though!

Pomona x

Mami said...

Wow Wow!! I extramly adore of fire place!! North area of Japan,they have fire place in their house.
Yummy sweet!!! thank you so much.
Your mother is great!!! I'll try it as possible as I can.
Happy thirsthday to you too!!

Sarah said...

How lovely and a wood burning stove too.....happy days!

JuanitaTortilla said...

Oooo... I trust the Italians to make the best desserts! (Among many other things.) My mouth is watering just looking at the steps. Grappa huh... No wonder; my "normal" American style apple strudel just doesn't have that "kick"!

Losing weight? Who's losing weight? :D

...Nina Nixon... said...

'Mmmmmm' that looks good! Something I am going to have to try!!

Nina x

Diane said...

That looks delightful - will you save me a slice? many many thanks for the perfume - it arrived today!!!!! I am just about to post about it. xxxxxxx

Tracey said...

Yum yum! Tell your mum I want to see a photograph of her please...xxx

Lisa said...

I can smell that strudel from here!
Lisa x

Kelly said...

Wow that looks good!
I love your Mum's recipes they always look so nice!
Oh and to Tracey, Michela's Mum is very beautiful!

Lots of Love

Kelly xxxx

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Oh now that does look good, especially with the icing sugar on top. I could be tempted to make that one day. My husband loves apple desserts!

Rosie said...

The strudel looks wonderful and very tasty - thanks to you and your Mum for sharing the recipe:)

sarah-jane down the lane said...

What a sweet treat! I have always wanted to have a go and I might just try it over the weekend, sadly I am not blessed with such a beautiful wood burning stove so it will be in the oven!
Have a lovely weekend,
Sarah x

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Oooooh this looks good!!!!

Victoria xx

BadPenny said...

ooh I want some too !!

Joshy and belle said...

oh yummy, i am trying to do weight loose wednesday though! fliss xx

Unknown said...

I have just lit a nice fire! Love the look of that recipe. Yummy! suzie. xx

KC'sCourt! said...

Definitely making that today!

Simone said...

My goodness! This looks delicious. I will definately be making one in the coming weeks! x

Unknown said...

Yummy! That sounds and looks so good! Have a sweet day!x

gardenmama said...

oh, yum!
this looks and sounds delicious! : )

Unknown said...

Yum, I love anything with Phyllo!I posted your swap items on my blog :) Could you tell me how you got the code to make it snow on your Italian blog? I will be posting my Italina Christmas on Saturday! Please come and visit then :O) :O)

Baci!
Sandy

Unknown said...

I love to wander around your blog Michela!
But I don't love Grappa, I tasted some in Rome...it was sooo strong, I think an acquired taste right?

Rihana said...

The 'Apna Showroom Vyapar Vridhi Yantra' is a Yantra intended to be placed at a business location in accordance with traditional religious beliefs. It can be reverently installed in a shop, office, at a business counter, or in a place of worship. This product is relevant for customers searching for terms such as "Vyapar Vridhi Yantra Online," "Business growth APNA SHOWROOM Bra for Women Combo Pack of 6 - Cup Size 32(B) Non-Wired Multicolor Everyday Cotton Bra 32B
ApnaShowroom Men's Women's Metal Hair Bands Black Combo set of 5 hairband Unisex
Apna Showroom Baby Girls' Plastic Hair Clips Claw Clutcher Small (Multicolour)-36 Pieces - with gifts
Yantra for shops," "Business Yantra Online," and "Business prosperity Yantra." Please note that this product is associated with religious belief and does not guarantee specific business profits; it should be used in accordance with faith and tradition.