Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Quick cold sauce for pasta

You will need just a few ingredients:
- red tomatoes
- black olives
- capers
- fresh basil
- a clove of garlic
- a pinch of salt
- extravirgin olive oil

DIRECTIONS:
- Chop tomatoes and olives and put them into a bowl
- Add capers, basil,a pinch of salt (not too much, capers are very salty!) and a glove of garlic
- Add extravirgin olive oil and mix
- Let this mixture marinade for at least 3 hours
This sauce is perfect on a dish of hot/cold pasta or just on a toasted slice of bread ("Bruschetta")

22 comments:

Cal said...

I can smell those wonderful aromas from here Michela - another one to try. x

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Looks lovely but Kelly will tell you I refer to tomatoes as the devil! I just can't eat them!!

Victoria xx

Beki said...

How I wish I could like tomatoes, I see so many lovely looking recipes but i'm with Victoria, I can't eat them. The same goes for bananas!
((hugs))
Beki xxx

Tracey said...

YUK! Hate black olives & capers! I will just make chutney then....!!!!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

karenshopes said...

mmmm... a taste of Italy yum yum.
Karen

Rosie said...

Mmm - all my favourite ingredients in one dish - wonderful:)

Pomona said...

Looks delicious! We have grown some Italian tomatoes this year so I will have to try this.

Pomona x

Hen said...

Oh no, I am making chutnet right now! Still, there are more tomatoes to come on the plants so I'll have a go. Is this what we would call "tapenade"? Hope you're well.
Hen x

KC'sCourt! said...

Another recipe to add to my list, definitely going to make that!

Sally said...

Yum Yum! I love those flavours, sounds delicious and will be trying it next time I harvest the tomatoes. I've just put some stuffed tomatoes in the oven (stuffed with wild rice, herbs, garlic, more tomatoes and lemon zest - a la Sarah Raven) so I will have to wait for the next batch to ripen!
Sally x

Διάττων said...

Dear Michela i took the wish you gave and i make the same. Have a fantastic Thursday for tomorrow...

Anonymous said...

looks lovely!

do we think it works with my green tomatoes? ;-)

Rose XX

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How wonderful! Thanks for the amazing recipe! I know I'll like it!

Olga said...

Hi Michela. It looks lovely - definitely worth giving a go!

BadPenny said...

How lovely. You are inspiring me to get growing....xx

Susie's country cottage said...

You come up with some wonderful recipes. This one sounds and looks delicious, lots of my favourite things in there so I will give this one a go.

Joshy and belle said...

lovely, have you watched river cottage? they had a tomato sauce competition on one episode, i might have a bash we love tomatos! I think i missed your giveaway, we've been away for a few days! fliss xx

Tracey said...

I have an award for you if you want to come and get it! XXX

Diane said...

What a bunch of picky eaters your readers are!! I love all these ingredients, and has luck would have it, my dad has just left me a load of tomatoes from his garden, so guess whats for supper!!! I'm going to do it with Bruschetta. Thanks for the recipe - i love Italian food.

lesley said...

Michela, this will be our Saturday lunch! Thank you...
p.s. I hate shoe shopping too, I also hate my feet!
my legs are ok lol

Duchess of Tea said...

Hello darling,
I am back and have missed you terribly!! I have a post on my blog that explains my lengthy absence but enough of that, I just wanted to stop by personally to thank you for the sweet birthday wish you left Cristina and to let you know that your kindness meant the world to us both. I am now off to read the posts that I have missed and to look around your gorgeous blog.
Love & Hugs
Duchess ♥♥♥

Rihana said...

At Apna Showroom, one can explore a range of products useful for various home and family needs. The selection includes items such as Ganga Jal and Brass Kalash for worship; Rog Nashak Yantra and Vyapar Vridhi Yantra for religious purposes; wet hair combs and lice combs for women; and baby girl frocks and multicolour hair clips for children.Apna Showroom Plastic Hair Lice Combs for Women and Girls (Multicolour) with desent look
Apna Showroom Plastic Hair Clutcher clisp claw hair band for Women (Combo of 12 Pieces Multicolour, Medium)
Apna Showroom 24k Swiss Gold Plated Shri Sampurna Rog Nashak Yantra for Home, Office, Business, and Puja Ghar - Spiritual Energy and Prosperity Enhancement (Shree Sampurna Rognasak, Medium, 13x13cm)
Apna Showroom Baby Girl's Below The Knee Dress Frock Skirts (Multicolour_12-18 Months)
Apna Showroom serves as a convenient online shopping option for shoppers looking for "Home Products Online," "Puja Items Online," "Women Accessories Online," and "Baby Products Online."