Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A bouquet of...

....cheerful courgette flowers picked up in the early morning from the kitchen garden!


These courgette flowers will be our appetizer this evening..

INGREDIENTS :
  • 12/15 courgette flowers
  • a can of beer
  • 00 flour
  • a pinch of salt
  • a pinch of pepper
  • eggs
  • sunflower oil or olive oil for frying

DIRECTIONS :

  • Clean and dry courgette flowers
  • In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, salt and pepper
  • Add the flour and enough beer to make a batter the thickness of single cream
  • Heat a large saucepan filled with oil
  • Dip the courgette flowers in the batter then deep-fry for 2-3 minutes or until crisp and golden
  • Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper
  • Serve seasoned with salt

14 comments:

sarah-jane down the lane said...

Hi Michala,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Venice is next on my list! maybe in November when it is misty and atmospheric.

Your courgette flowers put mine to shame! I am going to jot down the recipe right now...

Sarah-Jane x

Tracey said...

I have never ever eaten courgette flowers before! Tomorrow I am going to get some from the garden and try them!
Love Tracey
xxx

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Thanks for the recipe! We love courgettes but I didn't realise the flowers were edible.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

OH MY! I've never heard of anything like that! It sounds delicious! I love the beautiful sunset! What beautiful colors!

Michela said...

Rose Charles has left a new comment on your post "A bouquet of...":

Hi Michela,

The sunset looks beautiful!
The flowers look pretty good too...

Rose XXX

Jude said...

Hello, thank you for visiting,
I love your dogs.
The courgette flowers are delicious!
We also stuff them here,with rice.

Take care
Jude

Didi said...

Hello, thank you very much for your commentary.

Don`t worry for the language, your commentary I it dealt to the first one, but if not ... for it the translators are!!

It´s bad that I say it, but the ovejitas have remained very pretty.

A greeting from Spain.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. You have a wonderful blog and those Courgette Flowers look good. I will be back for a vist soon. Have a wonderful day.

Diane said...

Wow they look so tasty and that sunset is gorgeous. I'm curious. Why should I be angry with you?

Rosie said...

Mmm - the courgette flowers look so tasty - thanks for the recipie - will certainly give it a try:) That sunset is stunning - how gorgeous!

Cooking with the Joneses said...

That's just the perfect way to spend the evening! :0)

Cooking with the Joneses said...

That's just the way to spend a perfect evening! :0)

Unknown said...

Hello there, Michela! How kind of you to visit my blog and drop a line. It's always great to meet new people from different walks of life.

I cannot believe how delicious your fried courgettes look. At one glance I'd thought they were squash blossoms! You've taken some lovely pictures and I'm excited to have more to see.

Take care and enjoy your weekend. Warmly, Elizabeth

Olga said...

I remember trying these flowers on a pizza dough when was visiting my friends in Rome. i loved the dish!